Monday, April 12, 2010

BEFORE AND AFTER

You know sometimes when you finish a card you say "I wish I had done this". This post is an example of that. Not that this time around makes a big difference but a lot of times it could. The thing that draws me to art work is texture or the look of texture. I like it when something makes me want to touch it.

Ok, on with the picture. T
his Mother's day card is for a dear friend who is going through a rough time. Almost everything and anything has happened to her in the past 18 months. I want to make sure she knows how wonderful a mother she is.


I love the color combination for this card. Lots of pastels, very feminine. Perfect for a Mother's Day card. When I finished the card though, I wish I had put my background through a Embossing Folder...well I created another card and did just that. I think it makes enough difference to say "ahhhhhh". The only thing I changed were the pearls. I used tiny brads so they would balance the design better.


I would love to hear you thoughts. Thanks for blogging by

STAMPS SU A flower for all occasions
INK CTMH-Buttercup & Sunflower, Copics G21/24, Y31/35, E 31/33/35, V12/15
PAPER Solid Cardstock- CTMH Amethyst, Sweet Leaf Designer Paper-Lilac Avenue by Kaiser Craft
ACCESSORIES SM/LG Classic oval nesties, white grossgrain ribbon, white pearls, QK retro diamond EF
TECHNIQUE Sponging
INSPIRATION MOJO Monday 133 Sketch and my dear friend

No comments: